Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Car Travel - Part Five: Alphabet Magnets with Flash Cards

Our trip to California is fast approaching!  I've almost got both girls' car bags ready to go - I'll have a post on what's in it when they're all done.  But for today, I've created some flash cards for my 3-year old to practice letter recognition and working on words.  I bought some magnetic letters at the Dollar Tree and so was limited on what words I created - I couldn't use words that had a letter repeated in the word since my pack of letters only had one of each!  I thought that would be tough, but I ended up with 7 pages with 10 words on each when all was said and done.  Since my daughter can't read yet (hence the practicing), I paired each word with a clip art from Microsoft Word so she can start to recognize the letters and words.

Unfortunately, I made a mistake when I printed them out by putting them all in lower case and then laminating the cards before checking the magnetic letters I had purchased...they were all uppercase!!!!  Ugh!!!  So I've changed the letters in the printable that is below this post, so all of the words are now in uppercase and will match the magnetic letters. But the ones my daughter will be taking on this trip are uppercase letters with lowercase flash cards - hopefully it doesn't cause her too much frustration.  But I'm running out of time to re-laminate 70 cards...


The letters are contained in her cookie sheet (also from the Dollar Tree) and she can practice making the words by matching the letters.  We'll see how long this entertains her.  ;)

To download your own printable (in PDF) of my 70 preschool words that have no
repeating letters, click HERE.

For the rest of the Car Travel Series:

No comments:

Post a Comment