Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Car Travel: Part Three - Journey Maps

To help alleviate the "are we there yet?" questions from my eldest daughter, I created a Journey Map for each day of the car ride.  I used Google Maps and just zoomed in on the trip and took a screenshot and copied the screenshot into my photo editing software.  I pieced the screenshots together to have one full shot for my daughter to follow along.  Each day prints into a single sheet and there is a place for her to keep notes if she sees something interesting on the way.  I've seen cute little travel timelines, but since we are renting a car for the journey down, I didn't want something complex that I had to create and install while packing up.  So here is her own compact timeline and she can follow along with a highlighter and highlight our path as we go.  I think this will also help her to see how far we have yet to go or how close we are to our destination.

(for privacy, I am only sharing one of our days)


Other posts in the Car Travel Series:

No comments:

Post a Comment